The thought life of a person determines how he acts and reacts to situations. As it is often said, the thought is the ancestor of the deed. The lines of a famous poem read -
Everyman is the same
Everyman is not the same
Everyman is the same. Yes we are all of the same make and maker - Eyes to see, legs to walk on, and a brain to think with. Everyman is not the same – what we use our time and faculties to do are different and hence we differ. So also with our thoughts, we have the same kind of brain and mind, but what we decide to use them for differs. Then the product of what we think and do becomes obvious when they are manifested in the open.
Education is the shortest distance to wealth. I don’t mean bagging degrees, though it has its place.
Education - The training of the mind to accommodate information, process them and get the desired and required results. This education can be gotten from reading books on the subject matter, listening to people you respect in the field and associating as well as rubbing minds with contemporaries. You have to train your mind to accommodate issues that will crop up in your business, figures that will be needed for your enterprise and even the success thereafter. It’s the lack of this kind of training of the mind that makes “melt” when individuals hear of a $1 million deal or become haughty when good fortunes come their way in life.
I’m talking financial intelligence here; being able to make viable financial decisions based on what you know. As Robert Kiyosaki would say, "risk is when I take a calculated attempt to invest, while risky is when I just invest for investing sake without doing the necessary background work."
It is the ability to sit down, look at events and life’s situation differently and being able to make the best of your situations. The difference would be what you decipher out of the situation and the choice of what to do afterwards. The story is told of two men who did set out to market shoes. They came to a place that the inhabitants wore no shoes. One saw it as a hopeless end, the other saw a potential market and was excited about the opportunity. This occasion was influenced by how they viewed the scenario. One’s thought was of defeat, while the other was a possibility of educating the people to see the benefit and “luxury” of having foot wears.
So in your quest for wealth and value creation in the society, your paradigm must be success-coloured. You must always think of how to go about and overcome the obstacles not defeat. Imagine if you were Donald Trump in the 90's (was neck deep into debts running into tens of billion of dollars), what would you do. Give up or strategize on a comeback. Trump confesses that he had to sit down, strategize and see the best way out of the mess he was in. Today he’s back and still worth more than $4 billion.
A man is just a product of his thoughts. If his thoughts are warped, then he’s warped because as a man thinketh, so is he. As Henry Ford puts it “If you think you can, you are right. If you think you can’t, you are also right” so choose ye this day which thoughts you want to entertain.
On a final note, I’ll give you some quotes and hope you’ll find some others that will empower your mind to reach the ultimate goals in life.
- To the unwilling, everything is an impossibility – Nikki Giovanni
- One man with courage makes a majority – Andrew Jackson
- Wealth is when small efforts produce big results. Poverty is when big efforts produce small results – George David
- Only the paranoid survive – Andrew Grove
- If I have eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe – Abraham Lincoln
- No man is free who is not a master of himself – Epictetus
- The road to hell is paved with good intentions – Karl Marx
- Never let your memories be greater than your dreams – Doug Ivester
- Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. – John Wayne
- Two sets of people do not change their mind. The fool; he will not and the dead, he cannot– Unknown
- Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind – Leonardo Da Vinci
I hope I have lit a passion in you to start thinking.
Culled from Tsh Archive